Bored of your office 9-5? The construction industry might just be the answer to your search! With its job security, diverse career opportunities, and dynamic work environment, it’s an incredible opportunity if you’re looking for something new. In this blog, we’ll explore an overview of this fascinating sector. What types of jobs are available, and which skills and qualifications are required. Grab your hard hat and get ready to pave your way to a rewarding career!
Why Choose the Construction Industry
- Job Security and Demand: Forget about job insecurity and worrying about bills. There is a huge demand for workers in the construction industry, so you have peace of mind that your job is safe. With the ever-growing population and endless infrastructure projects, there will always be a demand for skilled professionals like you. Did you know the construction industry makes up over 7% of the global workforce?
- Diverse Career Opportunities: Whether you’re into designing, engineering, or getting your hands dirty with a Komatsu Mini Digger, this industry has it all. With tracked excavators building towering skyscrapers and dumpers transporting materials to connect cities, your career options are vast and rewarding. You will be responsible for projects that benefit the entire population.
- Dynamic Work Environment: In the construction industry, you get to break free from the shackles of a desk and step into a dynamic and hands-on work environment. Jump into that digger cab, and get ready to make a real impact on the world around you. You’ll never have to worry about monotonous tasks because each day brings new challenges and exciting projects.
The Plant Machinery Sector
So, what exactly is this sector all about? Well, imagine a world where massive machines rule the land, where JCBs, Komatsus, and Manitous are the kings and queens of the construction site. It’s a crucial part of the construction industry that deals with all things heavy and mechanical. The types of jobs in plant machinery range from operating huge machines, to servicing and repairing them, or even managing a whole fleet.
There’s a diverse range of opportunities, all easily accessible to anyone and everyone. Skills and qualifications are required for most careers in construction, but these are more easy to get hold of than you may think.
Why not take a course at the Diggerland Plant Training school, and gain your NPORS qualifications? Hands-on experience is definitely valued, however employers do also seek candidates with a solid understanding of mechanics, safety protocols, and problem-solving skills. Qualifications in plant operation or a degree in mechanical engineering can give you a leg up in the industry.
If you’re looking for a career path that involves these mighty machines, the plant machinery sector might just be the perfect fit for you. Whether you dream of operating a used JCB 3CX, or tinkering with the engine of an ex-fleet site dumper, there’s a world of possibilities waiting for you.
BuyADigger’s Top Tips for Finding Jobs in Plant Machinery and Construction
Build your network – Connect with industry professionals, attend networking events, and strike up conversations that could lead to potential job opportunities. Linkedin is a perfect place to find jobs and employers!
Enhance your skills and knowledge – Attend courses at the Plant Training School to gain certifications, and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in plant machinery.
Research the industry – Employers will be more inclined to hire people who know their way around an excavator, and know their Mecalac Site Dumpers from their Manitou Telehandlers. Take the time to learn the key parts of the machines you’ll be using.
Consider apprenticeships and training programs – By becoming an apprentice or participating in a training program, you’ll gain practical experience, learn from industry experts, and increase your chances of landing that dream job.
Four top tips that will set you on the path to success in the plant machinery sector. Remember, it’s all about building your network, enhancing your skills, and doing your research.
So, there you have it—your comprehensive guide to navigating the construction industry’s plant machinery sector, and the career opportunities for you. With the right qualifications, skills, and strategies, you’ll be well on your way to landing a job in this thrilling field. If you’re up for a challenge and enjoy getting your hands dirty it can be an incredibly rewarding career choice. Good luck with your job search, and remember, BuyADigger has got you covered!
Used Diggers For Sale At BuyADigger
BuyADigger are specialists in selling used plant equipment. When you purchase equipment from us, you can rest easy in the knowledge that you’re buying from a reputable company. All of our machinery comes to us directly from either H. E. SERVICES (Plant Hire) Ltd or Diggerland theme parks. Both of which purchase their machines from new. Meaning our machines all have only one previous owner. You can view all of our machinery currently for sale here.
When you buy used machinery from BuyADigger, you’ll have the added benefits of:
- We can arrange worldwide shipping
- Machinery is fully refurbished by The Finishing Touch team
- Warranty included on all machinery sales
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the BuyADigger team today.
Get in with the team today touch via –